About Us Frequently Asked Questions For Indian Student

Question No 1: How can the students participate in events of Consulate?


Answer: The Consulate hosts the flag hosting ceremony on Independence Day and receptions on Republic Day. Besides these it hosts various investment, business, cultural events from time to time. One can follow these events on our social media (Facebook, Twitter) where we post regular updates.


Question No 2: How can the students contact the Consulate in case they need to get their passport renewal or other consular services?


Answer: The application process is given on the website - in case of any clarifications one can send an email to the concerned section. (emails are also available in our website.) In case of emergency, please call on +852 90771083, which serves as an emergency online and is available during weekends and after office hours.


Question No 3: What are the Visa/Immigration formalities to be completed after arriving in Hong Kong?


Answer: Usually students arrive in Hong Kong on one-month single entry visa, which is good for entering Hong Kong only once. Students are required to convert the one-month single entry visa into student visa valid for the duration of course and obtain HKID, this process is to be completed through the respective Universities.


Question No 4: If a student wants to visit mainland China what is the process?


Answer: Once the student is issued Hong Kong Identity Card (s)he can apply for Chinese visa through the Consular support service of the Universities.


Question No 5: What are the post-study career opportunities in Hong Kong?


Answer: Under the Immigration arrangements for non-local graduates IANG scheme the students can stay in Hong Kong for 12 months after finishing their studies without other condition of stay. This stay can be further extended on some conditions. Details for these are available in the Hong Kong Immigration website and in University Registrar.


Question No 6: Can parents of students visit Hong Kong?

Answer: Parents can visit students after following the visa process. Indian ordinary passport holders can visit Hong Kong for upto 14 days subject to successful pre-arrival registration. It is advisable to do PAR well in advance, so that in case PAR is unsuccessful one can apply for visa which takes 4-6 weeks.


Question No 7: Are there any organized culturual events and celebrations of Indian festival in Hong Kong?


Answer: There are various Indian Associations in Hong Kong- complete list of associations is available at http://www.cgihk.gov.in/page/list-of-indian-community-associations-in-hong-kong/ 

These associations usually host events during major Indian festivals.